07 December 2008

A small change

With the skies around here changing from countless days of sunshine all summer long, to the grey looming ceiling that is now present and probably won't disappear in it's entirety for the next few months, I needed something to remind me of what will be coming back. That is, warm and gentle summer evenings, therefore, I thought that I would change my blog title photo to remind me that those days will return.

The day that I took this photo, the weather was more than just a little warm, the temperatures were up in 100's. I took a ride during the evening when the temperature was starting to cool off a little and stopped here at the top of a small butte out in the Palouse.

Even though the daytime heat was stifling, the ride that I took that evening and on into the night was a memorable one. With the shorter cloud covered days dominating the weather here now, I just needed something to remind me that those warm summer evenings will return.

Ride well

E.T.

8 comments:

fasthair said...

Mr. Earl: Nice change, I like it. I haven't got to ride for over a week now because the winter snow has hit. So I'll be enjoying your nice summer photo to help get me through it. Thanks.

fasthair

John McClane said...

It's a great photo.

Lance said...

Very nice photo; excellent addition to your blog.

Doug C said...

A most excellent "adjustment". I always enjoyed your photos.

Charlie said...

You show off!!!!

irondad said...

The photo inspires a very contented feeling. An ending to a great day. Only question is, "Why aren't there any bugs on the windscreen?"

I do have to say, though, I've ridden in hundred degree temperatures and the bugs just don't seem to be in the air as much.

Anonymous said...

Veeeery nice. The photo certainly does a great job of depicting how that evening ride must have felt on that summer day.

Stephen said...

Fasthair, John McClane, Lance, Doug C. and Charlie; Thanks for the nice comments, here's counting down the cold days to the warmer ones.

Irondad: Though I don't remember cleaning the bike that day, I usually carry around in my saddle bags during my weekly commute, a can of "Original bike spirits" cleaner and polish. Where I work, it is extremely dusty and sometimes on my lunch break, I'll go out and give the bike a quick cleaning. After the initial application, the bugs wipe off rather easy. Riding the bike everyday, the bugs could become overwhelming in a hurry.

My guess is that I must've just cleaned the bike; I'm sure that by the time that we got home, we probably killed our fair share for the evening.

Sarch; The ride before the photo, the temperatures were well into the triple digits, Once the sun goes down out here, things cool off pretty quick. The ride after the photo was taken was wonderful.

E.T.